Are you getting bored at home yet? You’re not the only one. I recently visited my local Tile Shop and they were swamped with homeowners who were busy buying product and trying to get their DIY home improvement projects done while they’re working from home. The timing couldn’t be better for tackling those projects you’ve had on your list for some time now. Here are my top ten home improvement projects that are easy to do:
- Update the Light Fixtures – Wow what a dramatic difference new lighting can make to a room! It’s a fairly inexpensive home improvement project with a big result! Menards and Home Depot have a great selection. From outdoor flood lights to bathroom scones, to ceiling lights and chandeliers, new lighting can add a lot of warm and beauty to your home. Futhermore, you can shop online and have them delivered to your home. Certainly, there are countless options so holler if you need help.
- Paint a Wall – Do you currently have mostly neutral or light colors on your walls because you were afraid to go for it? Adding a statement wall can add a lot of warmth and vibrancy to a room. If you want to make a bold statement or create a warm, cozy retreat, go ahead and give a dark paint color a try. Most noteworthy is that you can never go wrong with blue! You may be surprised at how much you love it!
- Update your Foyer – The first impression of your home is your foyer therefore, ask yourself what do guests see when they walk into your home? From high drama to super cozy you want to be sure it is clean with no clutter and exudes a welcoming feel. I suggest you walk in your front door and make note of what you see and how it feels.
- Change your Kitchen Cabinet Hardware – This is one of the first updates I make when working on a kitchen space. You might be surprised at how adding new knobs and hardware can make a dramatic difference and really pull all of your kitchen elements together. Also, it will make you cabinets look more expensive.
- Refresh and Deep-Clean your Wood – I like to use Restor-A-Finish. It comes in a can and can be found at Home Depot. It comes in various wood tones to be sure to do a test spot. You just wipe your cabinets down with the product on a rag and Viola! When clean and polished, natural wood looks absolutely radiant. One coat is all you need to expose the natural wood grain and discover the shine.
- New Bedding – When was the last time you updated your bedding? It feels so good to have a new bedspread or comforter; it can change the entire look and feel of a bedroom. Maybe you are sick of the pattern you have now. Go online and look for some spring deals. Wayfair, Macy’s and JC Penney’s are all great places to shop and often run great sales.
- Sprinkle of Accessories – Look around the room. Does it lack color and interesting décor? Why not change the throw pillows and add a bouquet of fresh flowers to the room for an easy home improvement item? A sprinkle of color and fresh scent can take a room from DRAB to FAB in no time.
- Rearrange your Furniture – I recently did this and what a welcomed surprise. Changing your furniture arrangement can give a feeling of newness. As a result, positioning a couch somewhere else may open up space for a better traffic flow or perhaps it gives you a better view of the outdoors or God forbid the TV.
- Get Rid of Things you Don’t Want! – Don’t wait until it’s time to move and you look at all the junk you’ve collected. Believe me, I’ve seen it first Take a look at all of the things displayed in your home. Now ask yourself, do I love it or can I live without it? Décor change is feels-oh-so-good-thing and it can actually brighten your outlook and mood.
- Add some New Area Rugs.-This is another easy home improvement idea that will have a dramatic result. Also, kitchen rugs now come with a cushy underlayment that makes it comfy to stand on. It is best to buy rugs all at once so you have consistency and more of a natural design flow. Mix patterns with solids for more depth and character.
In conclusion, making these simple changes will give you a sense of accomplishment and more importantly a beautiful new and improved home interior. If you would like some advice on any of these home improvement projects, please call me, Marsha at 651-470-7724. To see some of our work and learn more go to: https://shashainteriors.com